Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting Ready....Afraid of whom?

As we continue to prepare ourselves for the days ahead where Christians will be severely tried, let’s look at fear in our hearts…


Getting Ready…Afraid of whom?

1/04/09


“I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and not be ashamed.”

Psalm 119:46


This verse is impossible for me if I fear man.


God’s cure for destroying my fear of man is to replace it with the fear of God by His love. This is the work of the Spirit of Truth living in me….I can’t do it myself; but I can cooperate with Him.


“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear…” 1 John 4:18

Perfect love is much stronger than the fear of man.

I picture a very strong man taking another man by the seat of his pants and the back of his shirt and heaving him out the door into the street.


That is what the love of God does to the fear in my heart…

heaves it out of the door of my heart.

And, this is a good reason for me to fear God…He’s God! And He is very powerful in His holiness!


So if this love of God is so powerful, how do I get it?

“The love of God has been poured in our hearts by the Holy Spirit” Romans 5:5


No comments:

Post a Comment