Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Rock

The Rock

3/15/09


You and I are getting a lot of bad news daily. It’s literally everywhere in everything.

It’s overwhelming and a black hole that will suck you in if you let it.

People are hurting in every conceivable way…turning to every conceivable place to try and get help (or at least a little hope).

It is alarming to me!

I feel the earth quivering under the turmoil of this age.


“From the end of the earth I will cry to You when my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2


Jesus Christ, the Rock of Ages has made a way for you and I to stand in Him when the storms come and the wind blows and we are threatened by the destruction of everything we have held onto to as our “life”. We dwell “in Him” now…and He in us.

He will sustain us and keep us and help us….no matter what. In the Lord Jesus we have found our security…our life and our home!

“Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.

Before the mountains were brought forth,

Or ever you had formed the earth and the world,

Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.”

Psalm 90:1


With this Hope we go to the world to care and to help and to love…

”Christ in you, the hope of glory”


No comments:

Post a Comment