Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting Ready...let's begin

Getting Ready…let’s begin.

12/29/08


I’m ready to say “so long” to 2008…it has been a year with some very big challenges and hardships for me and my family. As much as I am ready to see it end, neither can I exclaim, “yahoo for 2009!”. We are living in historic days on God’s calendar.


Our culture in America is rapidly moving toward radical change for those of us who love Jesus Christ. Whatever freedom and favor we have enjoyed because we are called “a Christian” is almost gone. Can we imagine what having to face “rejection” on a daily basis in everyday things will be like? Can we imagine what open hatred and open scorn will be like?

I can’t. But I want to “shore up” and be ready.

Jesus said, “In the world you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

And, here we are…smack dab in the middle of a mud slide down a very steep mountain that is picking up speed and there is very little to grab hold of.

Are we ok with whatever God has for us in the future?

I’m grappling with these issues in my own soul…I sense an urgency to do so.


In the coming weeks, as the Spirit leads, I will be sending thoughts I sense the Spirit is saying to me in order to prepare…thus the name of this writing, “getting ready”. I will only send one thought each time.


The first will come to you in an email that will follow this one.

The Lord bless you….what you bring to others is of great value!

No comments:

Post a Comment