Sunday, November 1, 2009

(The Vision) run!

THE VISION: Run! (#3)


Habakkuk 2:2,3

The LORD answered me, "Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it.

For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it hurries toward the end, and won't prove false. Though it takes time, wait for it; because it will surely come.

It won't delay.”


Running is a picture of “maturity”.

After birth, we begin a progression of maturity…

sitcrawlstand….walk….run.


In our spirit-man (kingdom-life in Christ) it is the same.


God wants and has made provision for us to go on to “maturity”.

Simply, God is giving a vision from His heart…a visual message. He wants us to write it down

Clearly so that others who read it may “run” (become mature).


Isn’t it strange that we are called to become like children in order to come into God’s kingdom and be the greatest yet His constant desire is that we “grow up” into full stature in Christ?!


I believe the kind of running He is speaking of here is the kind that a desperate runner makes in order to win the race.

We seek His vision to write it clearly that others may read it quickly and be able to run and win the prize! Lord, help us to grasp the importance you place on this from Your heart!


What are you seeing?


Today as I was resting and was drifting in and out of consciousness, I first sensed the Lord presence…it was very peaceful. Then I saw a placid surface of water like you see at a pond. Something dropped onto that glass-like surface and made ripples go out and out and out. When I looked up to see what made this happen, I saw Jesus Christ on the cross lifted up and it was the blood from His feet that had dropped onto the water! Immediately the scripture sprang into my mind, “if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me”.

In my spirit, I quietly took this as a message that I wanted to give to others….Christ’s sacrificial giving of His life…a life surrendered to His Father out of His love….for me…for all men. There is nothing greater in all of time than this act of love.

The impact would be the rings going out and out and out…

No comments:

Post a Comment