Sunday, November 1, 2009

(The Vision) Keeping an Appointment

THE VISION: Keeping an appointment (#4)

8/23/09


Habakkuk 2:2,3

The LORD answered me, "Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it.

For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it hurries toward the end, and won't prove false. Though it takes time, wait for it; because it will surely come.

It won't delay.”


I have a dr.’s appointment tomorrow…it’s on my calendar…I need to be there…it’s important.

God also has appointments that He sets. Things in His plan will happen even if I refuse to have a part in them…in heaven there is no “plan B”.

God is God and with Him nothing is impossible.


In many places in the bible, God has foretold about these future appointments…even if it’s confusing or fuzzy to us at this point.

And Christ clearly described one of the Holy Spirit’s responsibilities

in John 16:13 this way,

“However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come…He will tell you things to come.”

And Revelation 19:10, we find that “the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy”.

It all points to the truth that there is a future God has for each of us in His body…

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”

That is a future I want to know about …don’t you?


Jesus is living inside you and me by His Holy Spirit.

We are well equipped to receive future things from Him. These will bring Him glory.

Let’s continue to look to God for the vision that He wants us to write down for others so that they will run well…this vision that is all about something ahead…an appointment He wants us and others to keep.


Lord, open the eyes of my heart so I can see plainly….

No comments:

Post a Comment